Data Center Technician
We are looking for a Data Center Technician to join our team at our headquarters located in Ashburn, VA (about 30 miles west of Washington, DC). If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
The successful candidate will be directly involved in the support and maintenance of cloud and colocation customers starting with deployment. This position will serve as a second-line support for enterprise level customers and point of escalation for team members.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of data center or comparable technology experience. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field is a plus. Vendor certifications and/or relevant experience preferred. This position requires on-site attendance at our Ashburn, Virginia location. This position cannot be done remotely.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills are a must
- Experience performing server/PC upgrades, integration, and rebuilds
- Experience working with hardware vendors to help resolve complex technical issues
- Experience with email-based ticketing systems is a plus
- Knowledge of network cabling standards is a plus
- Knowledge of data center power requirements is a plus
The primary roles and responsibilities you’ll have in this position:
- Document creation and ongoing maintenance for all data center processes
- Assist with process improvements
- Work closely and professionally over phone and email with customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation and provide additional coverage when necessary
- Participate in knowledge sharing of procedures and processes
- Clean and maintain physical organization in the data center
- Maintain both an internal inventory and customer inventory
- Plan and help execute long term and short-term data center projects
- Perform scheduled client and internal tasks as outlined in ticket correspondence
- Build, deploy, and maintain various client and internal hardware assets
M3COM of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org