We are looking for a NOC Engineer to join our team at Network Operations Center located in Blue Ash, OH. If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1.5+ years of data center or comparable technology experience, preferably with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field. Vendor certifications and/or experience may be considered as an alternative to the degrees. This position is on-site at our Blue Ash location and cannot be done remotely.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Compulsory), CCNP, CCIE etc.
- Hands on configuring and troubleshooting experience on router, switches / firewalls / multiplexer/ networking devices
- A solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- A good understanding of, and experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP. Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, and VRFs strongly desired
- Excellent cross-team collaboration, technical skills, and clear communications are required
- Experience / knowledge on tools like SolarWinds, WhatsUp Gold etc.
- Good knowledge on SolarWinds tools NPM, NCM and NPM is a plus
- Flexibility to work on 24*7 environment
The primary roles and responsibilities you’ll have in this position:
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and coordination with partners on network optimization.
- Undertake data network fault investigations in network environments using information from multiple sources.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access
- To handle activation/installation/upgrade calls
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding assistance and guidance if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Coordinate with vendors and update customer regarding network maintenances.
- Speak to customers via email and phone for requirements capture/update. Proper update notes to customer within given timeline.
- Proper coordination with vendors to resolve the issue, also, to initiate escalations as per the SLAs in-place and internal policies.
- Coordinate with vendor Service Managers proactively to maintain the network stability.
- The successful candidate will be able to understand and drive solid requirements and then use those to deploy, configure, test, and activate networks.
- SolarWinds: Monitor customer network and coordinate proactively with customer and vendor to troubleshoot the issue(s).
- To prepare reports daily / monthly / quarterly and otherwise as required.
- Monitor video circuits on NimbraVision monitoring tool.
M3COM of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com