We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Engineering team at our headquarters located in Ashburn, VA (about 30 miles west of Washington, DC). If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
The successful candidate will be directly involved in the support and maintenance of M3COM’s cloud and colocation customers. This position will serve as a second or third-line support for enterprise level customers. The candidate will be responsible for trouble-shooting various advanced issues with networking and on Linux and Windows servers, escalating tickets to various vendors, and handling in-depth troubleshooting of issues encountered by customers, tier 3 technicians, and systems analysts.
The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for planning, deploying, and maintaining back-end infrastructure as well as providing supervision and guidance for junior personnel.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience, preferably with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field. Appropriate VMware VCP certification history will be considered as an alternative to the degrees. This position requires on-site attendance at our Ashburn, Virginia location. This position cannot be done remotely.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong background in server management and virtualization
- Possess and maintain current and working knowledge of VMware including VM deployment and architecture, storage configuration, performance troubleshooting, and fault isolation
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux administration, Windows administration, DNS, SSH, RDP, and related RFC’s
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Recovery
- Experience with Zerto Replication
- Experience with creating or editing process documentation
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent technical writing skills (Training, RCAs, etc.)
- Ability to work closely and professionally with customers
- Ability to rotate shifts with other team members and availability for on-call shifts
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with infrastructure networking
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- Experience with firewalls (Cisco, Meraki, Sophos)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or other public clouds
- Current VMware VCP DCV (or higher) Certification
- CCNA level or higher Cisco Certification
- VMCE Certification
- ZCP Certification
M3COM of Virginia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com