Who We Are
M3COM is a technology company, headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, United States. We design, implement, and manage international telecom networks and cloud infrastructure and platforms for mid-market and enterprise organizations around the world.
We are the data controller of any personal information processed in relation to this policy, except where this policy may explain otherwise. This means that we are responsible for treating your personal information safely, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. If you have any questions about how we protect your personal information, please contact us using the contact information listed below in the Contact Information Section.
What Personal Information is Collected
When you create an account on the Website and/or when you use or provision the Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself or your organization (if you are using the Services on behalf of your organization) as follows:
- You may be required to provide your name, address, telephone number, payment account information (a valid credit card or debit card) and a valid email address.
- We may ask for your employer name, job title and department and telephone numbers when you are using the services on behalf of an organization.
- We may require that any other user that you authorize to use the services provide such information.
Additionally, you will be required to create a password and certain security questions and answers, which may include personal information. Each time you log in to your account and use the services, you will be required to provide your username or email and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account as soon as you become aware of it.
Depending upon the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to use the Services or access certain parts of our Website.
We store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, personal information or otherwise; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information to help you use the Services, to bill for the Services, and to send you notices with respect to the Services.
In the process of administering our site and in providing the Services, we may maintain and track usage through Web server logs and other network tools. These tools may provide information such as the following:
- The date of the visit
- The time and length of the visit
- The path taken through the Site
- The browser being used
- A list of files or information downloaded or viewed
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the machine accessing the Site
- Any errors encountered
- How many servers are accessed
- How much bandwidth is used
- How much processing power is performed on any data or content
We do not associate sensitive data, such as race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or political affiliations, with personally identifiable information. We take precautions to segregate any sensitive data a user may provide that references a user’s race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or political affiliations.
We use anonymous demographic and other information to aid the technical administration of our website and the Services and to better understand how the website and the Services are functioning for our end-users.
In some instances, “cookies” or a similar technology may be used. If you do not wish to accept a cookie from our servers, you can adjust the settings on your browser accordingly.
How We Store Your Personal Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
M3COM may also store personal information in the EEA, the UK, the US, and in other countries around the world. Your personal information which we record or otherwise receive or collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United States. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information.
Where your information is transferred outside the EEA, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is subject to appropriate safeguards.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- in order to store it;
- in order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services;
- where we are legally required to do so; or
- in order to facilitate the operation of our business, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We will not sell, rent or lease to others telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or other personal information. We will only share the personal data you provide only with our affiliates and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf to provide the Services and who have a need to know such personal information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We may retain your personal information for as long as you remain opted in. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Pursuant to applicable data protection and privacy laws you may have the right to request deletions or corrections of your personal information: as follows:
- If you ask us to correct or delete your information, we’ll generally take steps to correct or delete your information as soon as we can where practicable, depending on the circumstances.
- In some circumstances, your right to deletion may be limited by applicable law, including where it must be balanced against our legitimate interests (considering the right of freedom of expression and information), and this may outweigh your rights. However, we will consider each request in context.
- Depending on the circumstances, we may be entitled to retain, or otherwise process your information for as long as is required for the purpose it was collected it for. Some information may also remain in archived/backup copies for our records, or as otherwise required by law.
- If you have a particular concern about your personal information, please contact us to discuss this using the contact information in the Contact Information Section below
For all deletion and corrections requests, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name and email address. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the Contact Information Section below.